1953 Topps Baseball Complete Set
EX+ - 5.5
VG - 3
The 1953 Topps baseball card set includes 274 vintage size cards, which measure 2 5/8" by 3¾". The 1953 Topps baseball cards feature numerous double prints and a few spelling errors throughout the set. The high number series, which is very difficult to find, ranges from card number 221-280. These high number cards were printed later in the year, in shorter supply, and are often times found to cost triple and/or quadruple the prices of lower number common cards.
Although the cards in this set are numbered all the way up until 280, several cards were never issued. Cards #253, 261, 267, 268, 271, and 275 do not exist. There are also five short print cards that were left out of the first run of printing. These cards include: #10 Smoky Burgess, #44 Ellis Kinder, #61 Early Wynn, #72 Fred Hutchinson, and #81 Joe Black.
Purchased separately the cards in this set have a break-up value of $9,809.30.
The High Dollar Cards in this set include:
- 1953 Topps #244 Willie Mays: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #82 Mickey Mantle: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #1 Jackie Robinson: 2 - GOOD
- 1953 Topps #220 Satchel Paige: 1.5 - FAIR
- 1953 Topps #280 Milt Bolling: 4 - VG/EX
- 1953 Topps #222 Vic Janowicz: 4 - VG/EX
- 1953 Topps #258 Jim Gilliam: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #228 Hal Newhouser: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #76 Pee Wee Reese: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #207 Whitey Ford: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #147 Warren Spahn: 3 - VG
- 1953 Topps #104 Yogi Berra: 2 - GOOD
Below is the set breakdown by grade:
|Number of Cards in Set||273|
|Average Grade - Weighted by Value||2.86 - VG|
|Average Grade - Unweighted||2.83 - VG|
|Price If Purchased Separately||$9,809.30|
Dean's Cards offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all purchases. Just contact us within ten days of the purchase date and we will refund your money or, when possible, replace the cards.