1956 Topps Baseball Complete Set 5 - EX
The 1956 Topps set contains 340 cards and is extremely difficult to find in any condition. The cards are horizontally oriented and each features a portrait, action shot, and signature of the player. The reverses have the players' previous year statistics, biographical information, and a few fun facts presented in comic format. 1956 was the first Topps set to include team cards. It is also important to note this is the last set to feature a Jackie Robinson card.
Important rookie cards for this year are: Walt Alston, Luis Aparicio, and Roger Craig.
Players included in this set that are now in the Hall of Fame: Will Harridge, Warren Giles, Ted Williams, Walter Alston, Warren Spahn, Ernie Banks, Al Kaline, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Sandy Koufax, Roy Campanella, Eddie Mathews, Enos Slaughter, Yogi Berra, Phil Rizzuto, Nellie Fox, Richie Ashburn, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, Duke Snider, Harmon Killebrew, Red Schoendienst, Robin Roberts, Early Wynn, Monte Irvin, George Kell, Bob Feller, Whitey Ford, Larry Doby, Bob Lemon, Pee Wee Reese, Luis Aparicio, Hoyt Wilhelm.
The High Dollar Cards in this set include:
- 1956 Topps #135 GRY Mickey Mantle : 4 - VG/EX
- 1956 Topps #33 Roberto Clemente : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #130 GRY Willie Mays : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #5 Ted Williams : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #79 Sandy Koufax : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #31 Hank Aaron : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #30 Jackie Robinson : 4 - VG/EX
- 1956 Topps #110 GRY Yogi Berra : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #251 Yankees Team: 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #260 Pee Wee Reese : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #15 Ernie Banks : 5 - EX
- 1956 Topps #150 GRY Duke Snider : 5 - EX
Below is the set breakdown by grade:
|Number of Cards in Set||340|
|Average Grade - Weighted by Value||4.81 - EX|
|Average Grade - Unweighted||4.84 - EX|
|6 - EX/MT||10|
|5 - EX||265|
|4 - VG/EX||64|
|PSA 4 - VG/EX||1|
Dean's Cards offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all purchases. Just contact us within ten days of the purchase date and we will refund your money or, when possible, replace the cards.
$6,068.00 after 20% discount