1955 Bowman Baseball Low Number Set 3 - VG
The 1955 Bowman baseball card set was the last vintage set issued by Bowman and it includes 320 cards that measure 2½" by 3¾". 1955 Bowman Low Number sets, such as this, consist only of cards 1-224. The 1955 Bowman baseball cards feature a set of umpires interspersed throughout cards 226-317. The 1955 Bowman cards are easily recognized by the television set framing each player's color photograph.
The high number series of cards (225-320) are much more difficult and expensive to collect. As a rule, many of the umpires cards of the high series were discarded by the kids of the day, making the high number series particularly expensive. This Low Number set is a great way to purchase numerous stars at an affordable price!
Purchased separately the cards in this set have a break-up value of $1,678.10.
The High Dollar Cards in this set include:
- 1955 Bowman #202 Mickey Mantle : 2 - GOOD
- 1955 Bowman #184 Willie Mays : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #168 Yogi Berra : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #23 Al Kaline : 4 - VG/EX
- 1955 Bowman #179 Hank Aaron : 2 - GOOD
- 1955 Bowman #134 Bob Feller : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #37 Harold Pee Wee Reese : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #1 Hoyt Wilhelm : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #10 Phil Rizzuto : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #59 Whitey Ford : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #22 Roy Campanella : 3 - VG
- 1955 Bowman #33 Nellie Fox : 3 - VG
Below is the set breakdown by grade:
|Number of Cards in Set||224|
|Average Grade - Weighted by Value||2.89 - VG|
|Average Grade - Unweighted||2.95 - VG|
|4 - VG/EX||9|
|3 - VG||194|
|2 - GOOD||21|
|Price If Purchased Separately||$1,678.10|
Dean's Cards offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all purchases. Just contact us within ten days of the purchase date and we will refund your money or, when possible, replace the cards.
$872.00 after 20% discount