1978 Topps Baseball Complete Set 8 - NM/MT

View the rest of this set.
The 1978 Topps set contains 726 cards. Each card has a photo of the player with the player's team in script at the bottom of the card. In the upper right corner of the card is a baseball image with the player's position abbreviated. The reverse provides the player's biographical and statistical information.

The cards in this set are pack fresh, but due to centering issues, we decided to call this set Near Mint instead of Near Mint/Mint.  Approximately 85% of the cards in this set grade Near Mint or Near Mint/Mint.  The remaining 15% grade Excellent/Mint due to centering issues. 

Sub series in this set include Record Breakers (1-7), League Leaders (201-208), Post Season cards (411-413), and Rookie Prospects (701-711).

Important rookie cards found in this set include: Eddie Murray, Lance Parish, Lou Whitaker, and the multi player card of Paul Molitor and Alan Trammell.

This set is loaded with hall of famers including: Brock, McCovey, Rose, Ryan, Jackson, Niekro, Murray, Yaz, Brett, Carter, Eckersley, Fingers, Palmer, Yount, Fisk, Morgan, Sutton, Schmidt, Seaver, Hunter, Stargell, Winfield, Carlton, Carew, Perry, Bench, Molitor, and Jenkins.

Different Types of Complete Sets

Complete sets from Dean�s Cards are organized in three different ways:

1) (In Box) which means the set has actual scans of a few major star players.

2) (In Binder) indicates that the complete set comes in a binder with 9-page binder pages.  The (In Binder) sets are available as they are acquired from personal collections.

3) If the set is listed with neither of these designations, then the set is built virtually from our million card inventory.  The cards are individually graded, and front and back scans are provided.  These sets are usually priced a bit higher than the sets in box and in binder due to the labor involved.



Purchased separately the cards in this set have a break-up value of $3,018.10.

The High Dollar Cards in this set include:

  • 1978 Topps #36 Eddie Murray : 7 - NM
  • 1978 Topps #707 - Paul Molitor / Alan Trammell / Mickey Klutts / UL Washington Rookie Shortstops: 7 - NM
  • 1978 Topps #708 - Dale Murphy / Bo Diaz / Lance Parrish / Ernie Whitt Rookie Catchers : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #400 Nolan Ryan : 7 - NM
  • 1978 Topps #404 Tigers Team Checklist: 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #60 Thurman Munson : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #704 - Lou Whitaker / Gart lorg / Dave Oliver / Sam Perlozzo Rookie 2nd Basemen : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #499 Mariners Team Checklist: 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #700 Johnny Bench : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #78 Pablo Torrealba : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #580 Rod Carew : 8 - NM/MT
  • 1978 Topps #70 Goose Gossage : 7 - NM

Below is the set breakdown by grade:

Number of Cards in Set 726
Average Grade - Weighted by Value 7.77 - NM/MT
Average Grade - Unweighted 7.71 - NM+
Grade Breakdown
8 - NM/MT 519
7 - NM 204
6 - EX/MT 2
5 - EX 1
Price If Purchased Separately $3,018.10

Dean's Cards offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all purchases. Just contact us within ten days of the purchase date and we will refund your money or, when possible, replace the cards.

Serial Number
Item #3233016
Grade
8 - NM/MT
Price
$1,510.00
$1,208.00 after 20% discount

Report this card

Thank you for your report.

This dialog will close automatically.