The 1975 Topps Set contains 660 standard-sized cards and is the most colorful set of the Topps collections. Each card features the player's facsimile signature and photo surrounded by a two tone border with varying color combinations. The team name is across the top of the card in big, bold letters. On the bottom is the player's name, along with their position in a small baseball on the right hand side. The backs are red and green, and contain a small cartoon as well as the player's biographical and statistical information. This set is organized by team.
The 1975 Topps Baseball Card Set contained an interesting mix of future Hall-of-Famers. There was an unusual mix of great players either at the end of their careers, or just beginning them. The 1975 Topps cards give us the Rookie Cards of George Brett, Gary Carter, Jim Rice and Robin Yount, while vetern greats Bob Gibson, Frank Robinson, Billy Williams, Harmon Killebrew, Ron Santo and (technically) Al Kaline make their last appearances on cards as players.
There is also an interesting historical MVP series in the 1975 Topps set that includes players from both leagues and extends back to 1951 (189-212). The first seven cards of the set feature players that either broke a record or reached a milestone during the 1974 season such as Hank Aaron, Bob Gibson, and Nolan Ryan. Other sub-series include League Leaders (306-313) and Post Season Highlights (459-466).
Different Types of Complete Sets
Complete sets from Dean�s Cards are organized in three different ways:
1) (In Box) which means the set has actual scans of a few major star players.
2) (In Binder) indicates that the complete set comes in a binder with 9-page binder pages. The (In Binder) sets are available as they are acquired from personal collections.
3) If the set is listed with neither of these designations, then the set is built virtually from our million card inventory. The cards are individually graded, and front and back scans are provided. These sets are usually priced a bit higher than the sets in box and in binder due to the labor involved.
Purchased separately the cards in this set have a break-up value of $2,092.45.
The High Dollar Cards in this set include:
- 1975 Topps #228 George Brett : 5 - EX
- 1975 Topps #126 Checklist 1: 8 - NM/MT
- 1975 Topps #260 Johnny Bench : 6 - EX/MT
- 1975 Topps #320 Pete Rose : 5 - EX
- 1975 Topps #620 - Gary Carter / Marc Hill / Danny Meyer / Leon Roberts Rookie Catchers - Outfielders : 6 - EX/MT
- 1975 Topps #223 Robin Yount : 4 - VG/EX
- 1975 Topps #20 Thurman Munson : 6 - EX/MT
- 1975 Topps #18 - Ralph Houk Tigers Team Checklist: 8 - NM/MT
- 1975 Topps #616 - Jim Rice / Dave Augustine / Pepe Mangual / John Scott Rookie Outfielders : 5 - EX
- 1975 Topps #7 - Nolan Ryan / Steve Busby / Dick Bosman No-Hitters Hurled: 6 - EX/MT
- 1975 Topps #180 Joe Morgan : 6 - EX/MT
- 1975 Topps #172 - Darrell Johnson Red Sox Team Checklist: 6 - EX/MT
Below is the set breakdown by grade:
|Number of Cards in Set|| ||660|
|Average Grade - Weighted by Value|| ||5.55 - EX+|
|Average Grade - Unweighted|| ||5.50 - EX+|
|Grade Breakdown|| |
|8 - NM/MT|| ||1|
|PSA 8 - NM/MT|| ||1|
|7 - NM|| ||4|
|6 - EX/MT|| ||351|
|PSA 6 - EX/MT|| ||2|
|5 - EX|| ||274|
|4 - VG/EX|| ||16|
|3 - VG|| ||11|
|Price If Purchased Separately|| ||$2,092.45|
Dean's Cards offers a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all purchases. Just contact us within ten days of the purchase date and we will refund your money or, when possible, replace the cards.