Bryce Lee Brown (born May 14, 1991) is an American football running back for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He attended the University of Tennessee his freshman year of college, but decided to leave the football program in March 2010. However, Volunteers coach Derek Dooley decided not to release Brown from his scholarship, which meant Brown had to pay his own way at Kansas State University in 2010 as he sat out due to NCAA transfer rules. Brown left the Kansas State football team early in the 2011 season to enter the 2012 NFL Draft.
While playing at Wichita High School East, he won the 2008 Hall Trophy for the best high school player in the United States and was ranked atop of the Rivals.com ranking of his class, the first running back to do so since Adrian Peterson in 2004. In 2008, he was also dubbed the best high school running back prospect of the last five years. In 2008, Rivals.com′s Barry Every compared Brown to San Diego Chargers player Ronnie Brown.
- ^ "RB Bryce Brown leaves Tennessee's football team". USA Today. March 18, 2010. .
- ^ Ward, Austin (July 30, 2010). "Brown will not be released from scholarship". Knoxville News Sentinel.
- ^ K-State’s Bryce Brown to enter NFL draft
- ^ a b The Battle for No. 1: Why Bryce Brown?
- ^ Past vs. Present: Look back at the best
By Dean Hanley
Page : 1